CHIEF ACCOUNTANT (AR)
Modern Energy Management delivers project lifecycle certainty to renewable energy financiers, developers, operators and investors working in rapidly expanding emerging markets. Our outlook is global, our thinking uncompromised and our focus absolute.
Every day our team of project managers, consultants and, engineers enable financiers and investors to successfully develop, construct and deliver complex, profitable projects in remote, rapidly expanding international markets. We are looking for a Chief Accountant (AR) to be based in our Bangkok office.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
We are looking for a chief accountant (AR) who take a lead role in accounting department, supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities. Chief Accountant (AR) responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information. We are also looking for someone to work closely with our Financial Controller.
- Coordinate with Project Manager in processing invoices base on service agreement and ensure that all invoices shall be submitted to clients on time;
- Generate Account Receivable Ageing report from the system and follow up outstanding invoices from client on a weekly basis;
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles including:
- Month-end and year-end process
- accounts receivable and cash receipts
- general ledger
- budgeting and cash forecasting
- revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Bank statement reconciliations,
- debt activity
- Maintain customer master data in Accounting System and project data in timesheet system as well as process backup reports after data entry;
- Responsible for monthly tax filing; withholding tax (PND3, PND53) and monthly VAT report submission to the Revenue Department that relevant to Revenue Function and overall tax submission;
- Assist in half-year (PND51) and year-end tax submissions (PND50) to Revenue Department;
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate Financial Statements auditing;
- Researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons;
- Assist Financial Controller in any routine and non-routine reporting
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in senior accountant and or accounting manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, business administration, is minimum, CPA is preferred
- Male or Female age between 27-40 years old
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- A high degree of knowledge regarding accounting software; QuickBooks, is a plus
- High integrity, accountability, details-oriented, and interpersonal skills
- High responsibility and keep confidential
- Commitment to working with a diverse staff are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.