Head of OE Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
Modern Energy Management is seeking a Head of Owner’s Engineers with expertise and experience in managing the design, construction and commissioning of BESS projects in Philippines and/or other emerging markets throughout the world; the position requires experience in EPC contracts
Essential Job Functions
- Project Management oversight of design, construction, quality and closeout of BESS power plants
- Must establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, other work units, local representatives, vendors, EPC Contractor and other stakeholders
- Evaluate monthly contractor progress reports with an eye toward managing project risks and exploiting project opportunities.
- Support preparing monthly reports for the project Owner and lenders based on contractor reports and first-hand observation of the project progress.
- Present project progress, key findings and recommendations to the project Owner and/or lenders as required.
- Negotiate variation orders as required, managing scope, technical issues and commercial commitments.
- Offer technical and commercial solutions to local contractors performing project construction works based on experience and industry best practices.
- Ensure the timely preparation and distribution of construction reporting requirements and integration with project reports
- Work with project civil and electrical engineers (EPC Contractor, in-house and/or 3rd party) to ensure required drawings and information are available ahead of construction and to resolve technical issues during construction
- Responsible for working with the engineering and technical groups ensuring work outputs comply with standards and meets contract requirements
- Produce weekly/monthly reports to management on site progress
- Monitor and document site progress and quality assurance
- Review of drawings to ensure completeness and constructability
- Chair monthly site project/quality meetings with site contractors, subcontractors, and other consultants
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of environmental, health, and safety; which requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, holding people accountable for safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors which may lead to accidents
- Performs all management duties including, but not limited to, budgeting, hiring, performance reviews, coordinating and scheduling work, salary recommendations, discipline, ensure employees report to work fit for duty, leadership, grievance resolution, coaching & counseling to the direct reports
- Manage MEM’s scope, expectations and relationship with the Client, looking for area of expanding support and scope with the Client
- As duties may require under the MEM engagement with the Client or by the Line Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering or related field of study. Electrical or Civil Engineering and PMP certification preferred.
- Five (5) years of proven experience that includes a proven track record of managing large scale construction projects. BESS experience is required
- Possess extensive knowledge of fieldwork methodology
- Possess extensive knowledge of construction safety standards and practices
- Possess extensive knowledge of construction equipment, particularly cranes, load charts and rigging
- Demonstrate excellence and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English Language and the necessary skills to interface with local representatives, clients, vendors, contractors and subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work towards and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage personnel
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform physical tasks including standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting and reaching at project locations in order to inspect installations and equipment or collect information as needed
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 60 pounds and to occasionally lift items weighing between 60 and 100 pounds
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions, including extreme temperatures, ranging from +10C to +45C
- Ability/flexibility to travel for short- and long-term periods
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must live near the remote project location for the duration of the project, approximately ten (10) – twelve (12) months
- Skilled in MS Office, AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel and MS Project
- OSHA 30 certification preferred
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required for this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not
mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.