Wind & Solar EYA Engineer
Modern Energy Management is seeking a Wind/Solar Engineer to join the technical advisory team. The position requires expertise in Energy Yield Assessments and development of solar and onshore and offshore wind farms.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct wind resource assessments and energy yield calculations.
- Wind farm layout design, technology selection and yield optimization.
- Design, implement and supervise Wind Met Mast Campaigns.
- Wind Data Analysis (masts, LiDAR) and operational wind turbine data (SCADA).
- GIS mapping using Mapinfo or ArcGis.
- SolarGIS; PVSyst.
- Conduct technical due diligence (resources, plant design, technology selection, review of third party EYAs, operational performance, downtime allocation) of wind projects.
- Provide technical support to the Commercial and Construction teams during tenders and EPC negotiations.
- Work alongside the Operations team to evaluate WTG performance issues and conduct power curve analyses.
- Fluency in written/spoken English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or related subject.
- Experience identifying and developing wind and solar facilities
- At least (3) years of proven experience in conducting Energy Yield Assessments.
- Ability to conduct and review energy yield assessments independently.
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of wind resource assessments, including MCP methodology and uncertainties.
- Experience with: WindPRO, Windographer, WAsP or similar software.
- Familiarity with CFD modelling is a plus.
- Basic understanding of solar plant design and resource assessment.
- Occasional travel across South East Asia is required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.